Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ubuntu Failed Me

From my previous outing in Tutong, I've managed to get a copy of the Ubuntu installer software CD from Ejam which I've requested him to download many weeks ago. I was so excited to know that he actually downloaded it and made a copy for me.

For those who have no idea what the hell I'm talkin about, Ubuntu is an open-source linux-based applications software, much like your Windows (or Leopard for macs) operating system. The latest release of Ubuntu 8.04 includes all the essential features you'll need in an applications software. I thought it would be cool to have a Linux programme in my computer to keep me occupied from craving for an iMac for the time being.

So I've decided to install it on my computer yesterday afternoon. Prior to getting into the installation menu, I was so excited to see the Ubuntu logo appeared on the screen.



Unfortunately...


Bummer


Actually I have no idea what that means, but I guess it's a sign telling me that it's either time for an upgrade or get a new computer. Sigh~ And I thought I'd be using Ubuntu right now and enjoy all the great features on my laptop.

Okay, now it gets interesting. Not 30 seconds after that bloody error message appeared, this disturbing image popped out on my screen...


WTF!


Thank god I have a reliable anti-virus software at my disposal. To Ejam, please let me know why I could not install Ubuntu on my laptop. Need your help ASAP. Hmmm... Haven't I seen this kid somewhere before?

0 comments:

Blogger Templates