Friday, June 20, 2008

Cameras of the Past

Earlier today, I was rummaging through the cabinet where my dad put all his old gadgets he used to carry around in his younger days. I hope he doesn't mind. Throughout my search, I've found several of his old cameras. And so I've decided to take a few shots of each of them, for memories sake.

My father was a photographer back in the 80's and early 90's. He was one of those photographers who've actually experienced the good old days of film photography, and the joy (and hassle) of developing pictures in dark rooms. His cameras do not seem to work anymore now but they're still pretty much in solid condition. I even combined my collection of early cameras to complete this showcase I'm about to present to you all. Took me a while to set these up. Enjoy.



Minolta Maxxum 7000 (1985)

I never knew my dad actually bought this. The Minolta was one of the best SLR brands in the mid 80's. This model happened to be the most successful Minolta model at that time.




Nikon F401 (1986)

This one looks very old. The Nikon F401 was the first Nikon camera that was equipped with a built-in TTL speedlight. It was also the first among the many AF Nikon camera models that adopted a new facelift in its exterior where a prominent hand grip with vertical Nikon name as well as the shutter release button locates at the top of the grip. My guess was that this was my dad's first Nikon SLR camera.



Nikon F90 (1992)

I believe this was by far the best SLR my dad ever got during his prime. The Nikon F90 was noted for its relatively fast autofocus speed compared to previous Nikon models.



A look inside the F90's film compartment. Do you still remember how to put the film roll in or does your daddy have to do it for ya?




Pentax Espio 35mm-70mm full macro (19xx)

This is perhaps the only compact film camera that I could find in the cabinet. My dad probably used it a lot during his holiday trips for casual shooting. Ahh, the 90's.




Sony DSC-F1 (1998)

Here it is, my first digital camera. It was also the first Cyber-shot, with a 1.8-inch LCD monitor built into the back. Structurally, the lens and flash can be rotated 180° for greater flexibility in shooting from many angles.



The rear view of the Sony DSC-F1. Unfortunately, it only shoots at a tiny 640x480 pixels.




Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 (2001)

This was the prosumer digital camera I've used from the year 2001 until 2006. I started the passion on photography long before I got my first dSLR, and it was this camera that really started it all, and I spent a lot of time with it.



At 5 mega-pixels and 10x zoom, this mighty beast shoots as good as an SLR camera. It's no wonder why I loved this baby so much... until the chip got fried.



Sony Ericsson K750i (2006)

Finally, the last compact digital camera I had ever used. I used this often for my blogging essentials until I purchased a dSLR last month. Even at only 2 mega-pixels, I was still able to get very good shots because this model was one of the best camera phones ever existed on the market during the early camera-phone craze. Of course, it's crap now.

2 comments:

Blaze0820 said...

hingledingle

Blaze0820 said...

Mwarharharhar

Blogger Templates