Sunday, June 8, 2008

My First Wedding Shoot


As previously posted, I've mentioned that I'll be having a busy weekend this week due to a project which I've been assigned to work on. It's actually a wedding event held this Sunday morning at the International Convention Centre. The Wedding was between Ak Haji Abdul Khalik Bin Pg Hj Saiful Rijal and Dk Nurul Salwani Bte Pg Hj Sabtu Kamaluddin.


I got the projector unit set up last night with the help of Pg Hj Suhaili. In addition, with my camera in hand, this morning's event became my first ever wedding shoot, without the use of an external flash. I did felt inferior standing next to the pro shutterbugs with their speedlights though (I guess I was the only one carrying a camera without a flash unit). Nevertheless, I put a lot of effort to avoid blur as much as possible.


Special thanks to Pg Hj Suhaili for all the guidance on the technical bits. I worked alongside the video camera guys from the beginning till the end; pulling cables, switching buttons etc. The event was a success and this was by far the most challenging projector setup I've ever encountered, and lots of critical issues needed to be settled in time. I thought I was the last one who left ICC late last night!



































Okay, seriously, I need a good flash. I've got my eyes on the SB-800 speedlight. I must get one before another indoor/evening event shows up. Anyone interested to sponsor? LoL!


Peach & Cream

0 comments:

Blogger Templates