Monday, June 16, 2008

International Cubboree 2008


Back in my primary days, I used to be a proud scout cub. Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to go out camping in the woods. I always wanted to experience that when I was a kid.

And so I was coincidently brought to the International Cubboree by my good friend Hj Khairul at the Scout Headquarters area in Beribi yesterday afternoon. It was such a huge event for primary students @ cub scouts in Brunei and a few countries in Asia as they set up tents in the woods just a few walks away from the SupaSave. The kids all looked like they had so much fun, I never got that kind of joy in my childhood.


It's like a walk in a park eh?

I bet this is where the flying fox is usually held


Hj Khairul with his fellow colleagues




If Jason Voorhees sees this encampment, he'll be very pleased.


That's right.




All the way from Maldives




That's an aweful lot of hobbit-sized shoes


A peek inside one of those tents


There's even a tent for prayers






These girls hail from Malaysia


What's even more memorable was when I got to visit the tents set up by the students of Nusa Laila Puteri School. NLPS was the primary school I went to when I was a kid. I even got the chance to meet with an old teacher of mine who I haven't seen for 16 years. She used to teach me in primary 3 in NLPS Kiulap branch in 1992, and I was only 9 back then. I was surprised that she actually recognized me and called my name.


Showcase of crafts by NLPS students


Reunited with my primary teacher after 16 years


Hj Khairul with Pehin Dato Ali, President of Brunei Scouts


I used to ride in this to school ages ago! Couldn't believe its still around!


Hungry? Never fear, SupaSave is near!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates