Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Flick Burn Out


At first I thought I'd put the title to this post as 'too much butter on my popcorn' but it just sounded cheesy. Haha. Well, I've been watching too much action movies this year. I guess it's time for me to take a break from all that and settle down with some really nice romantic / feel-good movies for a change. Of course, I prefer watching them in the comfort of my room. No point watching romantic movies without a date eh.


Lately I was watching P.S. I Love You on my computer. Okay, so I missed it in theaters many months ago. I know most of you have watched this already when it came out. I really liked the plot and I think that Gerard Butler is a fantastic actor. P.S. I Love You may have received lukewarm reviews from film critics when it was first released but I personally enjoyed it from the start. Its downright hilarious, and sad at some point. Overall, a good choice for your DVD shelf.


And this one's not bad either, and I've been meaning to watch Definitely, Maybe twice. Brilliant performance by little Abigail Breslin, and what's not to like about Ryan Reynolds? Again, missed its theatrical release last February and I only got to watch it pretty recently after getting the DVD. Definitely, a good buy.

What I've yet to watch is Ayat-Ayat Cinta, an indonesian romantic film that's now currently playing at the Empire Theater. I've heard a lot of praise on this movie by critics and bloggers. But in actuality Ayat-Ayat Cinta has been around since last February (released June in Malaysia). The soundtrack's pretty good too. Should I head over to Empire or watch the DVD?








Yes, that's Rianti Cartwright behind the veil, and yes she has strikingly beautiful eyes, both in this movie and in real life.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates