Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Towering at 394ft


I have a fetish on tall buildings and skyscrapers. They are the first things I would set my eyes on whenever I travel to another country. Unfortunately we do not have much of those in Brunei, but I am aware of the Islamic regulations that restrict construction of buildings taller than the Mosques.

One of the few tall buildings in Brunei is perhaps the most recognizable one, the Ministry of Finance building located at Jalan Kebangsaan lama, Berakas. Completed in 2001, the height structure of the building is approximately 120m/394ft high with a total of 21 floors. And its almost visible from where I live as well. I really admire its robust architecture. It has a suave address too, the Commonwealth Drive. A few of my colleagues are currently attached here.


Waaaaaaaahhhhh... (sakai)


The magnificent glass ceiling view from the lobby.


This was as far as I could go. Others were inaccessible for security reasons.

Contrary to popular belief, the Ministry of Finance building isn't really the tallest structure in Brunei, though when you look at it, it does seem to be. Click here for further reading on this.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates