Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SOAS College Revisited


Technically, I've already blogged about reminiscing my old college months ago (click here to read my previous post), but since I got my dSLR with me I couldn't resist popping by to SOAS College to grab a few snaps. One of the reasons why I wanna pay my old college a visit was because I considered this as part of my dSLR training, particularly on fixing the 'barrel distortion' issue. Ya gotta have to get out there and shoot if you wanna learn and improve on photography skills.

I started studying in SOAS College in 1996 and ended my education there in 2001. SOAS College is an all boys college and was the first English college established in Brunei. It celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2002.

This was where I've met a lot of great guys I've known until now; Syaf (still a gamer), Zeeko (military man), Hadijoh (sama-sama jiwang rock), Marali (masih maintain yo), Helmy (currently studying overseas for his degree) and Hj Khairul (teacher) are among those guys. Most of my ex-colleagues are now having their own lives, good career, a few already got married, etc.

It's been 8 years since I left SOAS College. So many fond memories left behind, and I've managed to capture those memories. And so, without further adeu, I'd like to share with you all; me walking down memory lane.




This was where it all began. My form 1C class is just 1 room next to the stairs.


My form 2 classroom was just past this hallway. I remembered everyone on this block called me 'BASIKAL' after winning a bike for being the highest fundraiser for the college in 1996. And then there was 'KABAB'. Couldn't recall how that started.




My form 3 class was just up ahead.


One of the senior teachers actually recognized me as I walked around the campus yesterday. He called me an 'Anak SOAS'. I was really proud of hearing that.


Throughout form 1 - 3, I got this great view of the track and field and grandstand from my block. The best times were when the STPRIans borrowed our grandstand. Can you imagine the ruckus?


This tree wasn't here during my time.


Up ahead used to be our only computer lab. Now its the registrar office.


The flight of stairs leading down to the main lobby and entrance.


This block was where we moved to a higher level. The huge space was where we had our morning assembly.


Back in my day, we had to memorize our college anthem.


The chinese dudes used to conquer the basketball court during my time. Speaking of chinese, there was this one guy, he was obsessed with Bret Hart. LoL. We were so much into wrestling that time.


One of the areas to hang out for fresh air.


There was never a garden as beautiful as this back in the day.


The toilet. Used to walk a lot in this hallway leading to the canteen.


I used to hate walking through this hallway. It lead straight to my least favorite subject; Physics. Wonder what happened to Mr Simpson? (Yes, there was a Mr 'Simpson' teaching Physics in SOAS)


The Science Lab.


The surau.


The gymnasium (under renovation)


I used to climb one of these a lot every time we got to the gym.


The revamped library. My most favorite place to be. Lots of books to read and good air-conditioning.


I read the papers and sat here with my other bookworm friends every chance I got.


Unfortunately, this room was locked. I wanted to check it out badly.




The new generation of 'Anak-Anak SOAS'

2 comments:

Rucas Ding said...

A very nice flash back memories. Nice photos!

Rucas Ding said...

A very nice flash back memories. Nice photos!

Blogger Templates