Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Art of Portraiture

It used to be tough designing portrait art, particularly when using a compact camera or a camera phone (yuck!). But now, thanks to my Nikon D80, I'm finally able to create what I've enjoyed doing for the past 9 years since I first started using PhotoShop. LoL, macam buat iklan As-Seen-On-TV.

So I've found a perfect model, again using the economical approach as I've mentioned in my earlier blog. This time my subject is the lovely Zarah, a fellow colleague from the Business School. She's very VERY photogenic. And so, I shoot, and transform her image into this stunning portrait.




Well, I gotta say, there's still so much to learn, and yes, a 50mm prime lens would've made this photo even more perfect, but for now, I'm using whatever advantage I could get out of my one and only 18-135mm zoom lens and available ambient light. The sun is my friend (walaupun semakin hari semakin panas).

0 comments:

Blogger Templates