Friday, April 4, 2008

Memory Lane: Back to SOAS


This was where I used to be, a decade ago. It's been 7 years since I left SOAS College for a job in a family business (before I enrolled for The Business School). So many memories left behind in SOAS College when I was a teenager, and now I have returned to see how much the college has changed for the past several years right from its Golden Jubilee in 2002.


I started my form 1 education in Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien College (SOASC) in Menengah 1C class in 1996. I took my PMB here in 1998 and achieved very well in my exams which allowed me to enter the Science stream for the O Levels, which I later took in 2000. Prior to the end, I repeated my O Levels in 2001, in which later I ended my studies in July to pursue a brief career in my family business.


I was a 4-time Inforama Computer Competition participant for 4 consecutive years, in which we won 2nd place against Maktab Sains in 1997. In sports, I used to be in the 'Kerma Indera' house (green), which still stands today along with the other great houses. I also participated the SEA Games in 1999 for the choir group when I was in form 4. It was one of the most memorable moments in my college life.

An old group photo of us in the Young Enterprise Scheme programme (1999)

Now the college has been revamped with much better facilities and the compound never looked better. I really missed the good old days, back during my time with my old friends, and the teachers that we loved. But the spirit of the new generation of SOAS College students still lives on. I'm proud to be an ex-SOAS student.

The monument commemorating the 50 Years Golden Jubilee of SOAS College stands in an arch just next to the Auditorium.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates