Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

I watched The Spiderwick Chronicles with my brother last night at Seri Q-lap Mall Cineplex. Finally a movie worth watching this month. I didn't really enjoy Jumper, and I certainly would not want to watch 10,000 BC due to poor reviews. But watching Spiderwick has been totally gratifying.

This movie is a truly ambitious work. It's based on a series of books written by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black. It follows the adventures of the Grace children; twins Simon and Jared and their older sister Mallory as they discover a book which is actually an old field guide to the world of fairies, goblins and other magical creatures.

Special effects aside, the story is rich and entertainingly charming. If you're into Narnia or Harry Potter, I highly recommend you check this film out in the theaters.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates