Monday, March 24, 2008

Low Price, High Congestion, Everyday

Yesterday was the day GIANT!!! (it has to start really big) opened its doors to the public. Yep, the biggest supermarket in Brunei is finally here. They sure did their marketing strategy right, launching on salary day and putting up signs and arrows all the way from the airport.

Marriz went there during the launch early in the morning, took photos and blogged about it. Out of curiosity, I decided to check this place out. It was a freakin hot afternoon. Upon reaching the highway towards Rimba, the overhead bridge leading to GIANT!!! was completely clogged. There's no way I could get in there.

Then I took another path which lead to the old Science College in Rimba, since I figured there'd be another way around GIANT!!! Unfortunately, for the first time in a Perpindahan, the traffic jam was so freakin terrible and I couldn't manage to get a smooth access.

What the hell?! What is this, like the whole population was being sucked into a drainpipe or something?! This was even worse than waiting in line at FunDonuts!! Frustrated, I gave up shoving my car into the line of dodos and headed home to take an afternoon nap in my air-conditioned room (menyamal). I don't think I'll be going to GIANT!!! until these congestions settle down.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates