Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feathered Scales

Did you know that most dinosaurs actually have feathers? That's what the paleontologists have agreed on for the past decade. And so I looked back at Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park and realized that there were a lot of errors that were in need of corrections and adjustments, particularly on my most favorite prehistoric predator, the Velociraptor.

Sawadee kap...

Of all the dinosaurs, I always loved raptors. They may not be as big as the mighty T-rex, but they're fast, cunning and smart for their size. They were awesome in Jurassic Park. But after I heard that raptors were supposed to be covered with feathers and that they were no bigger than us, I was slighty disappointed. So I searched on the internet and found these:
An actual illustration of a feathered Velociraptor

Yep. Watching Jurassic Park will never be the same again. I laughed my ass out seeing how they misinterpreted the raptors (see folks, even Spielberg has his drawbacks in filmaking). Its like they were plucked to the scales prior to shooting. Poor raptors, they must be really cold during the filming of the 3 movies. That leaves to the last question. Were dinosaurs really reptiles? Or were they birds?
Coo! Coo!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates