Monday, March 3, 2008

Adopting a Powerful Voice

Being a vocalist in a band for almost 3 years now, it's hard to imagine how much I have progressed. Nevertheless, there's still much for me to learn. It's not easy being a vocalist; the burden of memorizing the lyrics of songs that I'm not familiar with, the hectic days and nights of practicing with the band on the same songs over and over, and of course, the pressure I get when I'm on stage prior to performing.

In order for me to stay focused, I always constantly keep a positive attitude and, most importantly, realize that my main objective of singing on stage is to enjoy and entertain the crowd. Keeping the crowd entertained is of course the main priority, an objective that needs to be set in mind in order to give out a gratifying performance.

One of my most challenging moments of being a vocalist in a band is learning to adopt a powerful voice of hard rock and metal. I started singing in a band playing pop rock and soft alternative music. Over the years, the music that I've been singing to gradually evolved and demanded a more industrial sound, which meant that I have to upgrade my singing technique. A powerful voice is developed through a combination of correct breathing control, good posture, healthy vocal techniques and lots of practice. To enable myself to develop the vocal mechanism in a healthy manner, I have to make use of these combinations.

The pressure is there, but at the same time, it has been a rewarding experience being able to venture into new music grounds. As I mentioned earlier, I am still learning. I'm neither a professional nor a rock star. It takes time, dedication, discipline and lots of practice in order to achieve excellent results.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates