Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Maulud

Woke up quite late this morning, but I've managed to get to the Maulud on time just before the big walk. I drove all the way to my step-mother's house at Kg Pintu Malim using the Subok road knowing that the town area wasn't accessible, parked my car there and head straight to the nearby jetty.
After a quick trip through the Brunei River via speedboat, I reached Yayasan and ran to the Padang to meet up with my buddy Arif who was waiting for me by the grandstand. A few minutes later, we started walking. It sure was a hot morning.
As we reached the STPRI area, Arif had to leave early so I continued walking solo. I've met a bunch of old friends along the way, so I tagged along until the end of the journey. Even the photogs were there taking shots. I hope I'll be joining them next year.

Anyway, as soon as the walk was over, we went to the Kianggeh area for a brunch while reminiscing the good old days. It's been a while since we last caught up and hang out.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates