Monday, July 28, 2008

Float Procession, Laser and Fireworks Spectacle

It's entirely different this time. It used to be that every year we got to see live performances on stage at the Taman Sir Omar Ali Saifuddien along with fireworks, float procession and the tug-of-war finals. On the night of 26th however, the main highlights were the laser, light and fireworks, along with the floats and the tug-of-war. It was really breathtaking to be in the capital and see the dazzling fireworks in the Taman that night.






The winning float 'Life Beneath The Platforms' by BSP, BSM and BST.



As stated in today's Borneo Bulletin:

'Shutterbugs and bloggers joined official media representatives as early as 5pm. Some came in earlier to set up the equipment.' - Azaraimy HH

Wow, this is great. Even us bloggers share the limelight and credibility we deserve. I highly encourage bloggers to be more involved in events such as these to help promote Brunei at what the country does best to the entire world. I salute you.






The real magic occured inside the Taman itself!
















By the way, I drove all the way from Tutong that evening and the fact that the entire road leading to BSB was closed by the authorities, I had to park my car somewhere around Ong Sum Ping and got all the way to the Taman on foot. Heading back to my car at the end of the event was the worst part as I had aching feet.








DST's Go! Broadband Float

I could get into trouble for sneaking up here.

More pictures of the Float Procession can be viewed at Cybercanon's blog.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates