Thursday, January 15, 2009

Memoirs of a Satisfied Lens User


Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro

I think I've made a fine investment on this awesome lens. No longer do I need to carry my cheap-ass kit lens with me. Nope, this is just the only thing that's attached on my camera body for the entire time, unless if I need to get a little more creative then I'd switch to my 50mm. As of early 2009, this is now my new primary lens.

I've used this lens for over a week now and I loved it. It has really helped me in certain low-light situations. I really like the range, although at its widest at 24mm, it could get a little tight but then a little step back wouldn't hurt either. This lens is pretty heavy too, but I don't really mind the extra weight it gives to my camera. Overall, this is a perfect photojournalism lens and great for events and weddings too, just the kind of things I capture on most occasion.


Wasting my shutter count with the Sigma 24-70

I bought a UV filter for it yesterday. I really don't want the glass to end up scratched, so protection is vital. I guess I know what my next lens would be; an ultra-wide and a telephoto to complete the range gap. First things first, I need to get a new camera bag! My stuff just ain't getting any lighter as it used to!

3 comments:

Mohamad Adi Shariman Haji Aji said...

ehh berapa bali lens atu? i mean harganya plus d mana membali?

Hiero said...

I bought it 2nd hand from someone. about $600. It's not available in stores but you can try to order at QQ.

qeelz said...

fantastic ! i love it!

Blogger Templates