Saturday, December 29, 2007

Looking Back 2007

Goodbye 2007

What a great progress I have made. The year 2007 was like a big bang, a new beginning and a new prospect for me. And so, for 2008, I’m expecting an even bigger bang, as I’ll be entering my final year in the Business School. This is going to be a more challenging part in my school life, in which I have to work extra hard and stay focused in order to achieve my goals and ambitions. (I’ve said that every year and it never tires me).

Some say 2007 has been a sucky year. Personally, I think the year 2007 isn't really that bad at all. I learned a lot of new things this year; Web 2.0, property investment, live stage experience, career prospects, faith, personal well-being and a few others that have inspired me to set a clearer goal in life.

Funny thing about my health and well-being, I’ve managed to stay in shape in the first half of the year, but gained back prior to Hari Raya Aidilfitri, thanks to all the food. Which reminds me; we’ve got to stop wasting on food, and I mean the excess food in this country. There’s just too many food served in this nation with very low population. Think about the other few countries that are suffering from hunger. I guess they need the excess food more than we do. We’re just getting fatter from eating them, and ironically we die from eating too much anyway.

During the 1st half of the year, I excelled well on my studies and gained excellent results for my 1st year in The Business School. Unfortunately, the tides have turned as I entered the 2nd year. It's gotten tougher, so I struggled with all the pressure handed to me, e.g. tons of assignments, the business project and Statistics.

This was the year with a lot of activities, particularly on the entertainment side. I’ve had great memories with Divine Intervention, since its formation in 2006. We’ve been having shows and entertained many. I’ve learned many things and gained a lot of stage and vocal experience. Sadly, I had made my decision which occurred just recently to depart from the band as one of the vocalists, due to unresolved issues. It was an indistinct move by me, but my journey continues in search for greater expectations.

2007 has been a great year for great movies. To name a few; 300, Spider-man 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Jangan Pandang Belakang, Ghost Rider, The Simpsons Movie, Pirates of The Caribbean At World’s End, I am Legend, and of course the mighty Transformers. In fact, this has been the year that I’ve been to the cineplex the most in my life, exceeding the number of DVD’s I bought and watched at home.

So what’s my resolution for next year? Well, just one thing. I just want to keep the faith stronger and be closer to the almighty. It was great and fun in the rockin’ year of 2007. As we embrace the arrival of the great eight, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates