Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bringing Out The Voice

I was jamming with Odium Treason last night in Bunut. We've been practicing a few songs for tonight's 'The Bro's Gig' at T.T. Blues, organized by Urban Touches, Roccus Clothing and JD And Friends Entertainment. These guys play a lot of hardcore metal and they expect me to perform metal as well. I've been tryin hard to get the industrial scream and growl sound but it's just not my cup of tea, coz I'm more on the alternative and sentimental side. But nevertheless, it's all about having fun.

Anyway, I just wanna introduce the band. Odium Treason consists of 3 prominent members; Kamal (Drums), Jamal (Bass) and Is (Lead). They play hardcore metal among the ranks of the metal heads in the local scene. Their inspiration ranges from Metallica to Trivium. Lot's of bangin, trashin, screamin and growlin.

I've been invited as a guest vocalist for the band to contribute on playing semi-heavy songs. Perhaps I could learn a lot from them on the art of the industrial voice of metal. I mean, it's good to venture into different areas in rock.

We've been practicing for weeks now. In fact, I've been exhausted lately, what with work, fitness and practice. However, the joy is always there when it comes to rockin. So don't miss us performing live at T.T. Blues tonight, with several other well-known bands rockin' Gadong.

But seriously, I'm exhausted...

0 comments:

Blogger Templates