Friday, January 18, 2008

Some Kind of Monster

Well, I had a great time last night. I never expected this movie's gonna turn out to be huge. The first time I saw its poster hanging outside the halls of every cineplex a month ago, I thought it was just another disaster movie that's gonna end up as another box-office flop. But then the trailer told a different story, which made me even more curious to watch.

A word of warning though; this movie is not really for everyone. The shaky camera could cause some people insane dizziness and (probably) vomiting as most of the shots are taken via an amateur handycam. But that's the whole point of the movie anyway; taking us in the view of a civilian. It just feels so real you just couldn't help but looking everywhere for the director's chair and the lights. The last time I watched this kind of movie was less than a decade ago; The surprise hit The Blair Witch Project.

I'm not gonna spoil the movie for you though. I highly recommend you watch this flick, but please don't complain about the shaky camera bit, its meant to be that way. Not many moviegoers expected that last night and there were already people who made complaints at the ticket counter after watching the show. But again, I didn't say this movie is bad. I was at the edge of my seat for every scene in Cloverfield.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates