Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Death of Australia's Finest

Finally, I've managed to return to blogging again. I had a terrible diarrhea last week, but thankfully it's all over. By the time I recovered last Sunday, I knew I should start watching over what I eat. Perhaps I should consider Fine Dining.

So many things happened last week. Ex-president Soeharto died pretty recently after months of being hospitalized. And then there was another death earlier last week, and it was a shocker in the Entertainment industry. Heath Ledger, best known for playing as the gay cowboy in the sleeper hit 'Brokeback Mountain', died in his apartment in New York. He was found dead after a reported accidental overdose. He was 28.

Heath Ledger in 'Brokeback Mountain'

It's a tragic loss for this young Australian actor. I have seen his potential in several of his movies, beginning in '10 Things I Hate About You' back in 1999. He had just recently completed his role as The Joker for the next Batman Flick. 'The Dark Knight' is currently in post production with the trailers already rolling in, and we see Ledger as The Joker and what looked like a promising feat of this talented young actor as one of the most awesome villains in Gotham.

Heath Ledger as The Joker in 'The Dark Knight'

Clearly, when I watched the trailers, my anticipation didn't actually go to Christian Bale as the dark knight, but more towards Heath Ledger as the new Joker. Sadly, his tragic death somehow affected my perception towards this upcoming film, because of Ledger's potrayal as Joker that looks very deranged and freaky, kinda ironic for a recent tragedy.

Here are several of his notable work over the past decade:



Rest In Peace
Heath Ledger
1979 - 2008

0 comments:

Blogger Templates